SQL Server Performance

New statistics

Discussion in 'Forum Statistics' started by Madhivanan, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Madhivanan Moderator

Luis, any improvement on number of posts and members after the migration?
  2. Luis Martin Moderator

Don´t know.
    I can´t find the way to sort members by posts, etc.
  3. FrankKalis Moderator

Think it's too early to judge on this. It'll take months before search engine might reflect this change in their indexes.
  4. admin Administrator

Yes, its early days yet for the new forum. One nice thing is that Google is indexing more pages for the site - currently 141k pages in the index (up from about 70k pre migration). Takes a while for these to show up on the search results but it is a good sign.
    Also, the new forum software seems to be going quite well... Ave time per user and pageviews per user are up over 40% since the migration.
    So fingers crossed. :)
  5. FrankKalis Moderator

Now that surely sounds promising!
  6. Hemantgiri New Member

Yes, the new forums software is good and the overall look of the site is attractive ... :)
  7. preethi Member

I agree. Is it possible to send a mail about the new look/functions. I couldn't remember seeing one.
    Earlier we had the feature to find members by # of posts, looks like it is missing now.
  8. FrankKalis Moderator

9. preethi Member

Yes. Earlier system had it and its missing.
    I still have mixed feelings about the new site.
  10. admin Administrator

This forum is probably not as feature rich as the old one, I went with it since it had very good performance and seems quite stable. It is still a new product, version 1.0 was launched just in 2011 so it definitely does have some way to go but I will be updating it as new versions are released.
  11. MichaelB Member

I mieed the "Unanswered" option we had before.. we can still do it but it is looking for 0 replies in "whats new" link...
  12. FrankKalis Moderator

Agreed, that's a feature that is really missed. But I'm pretty sure that sooner or later, it will be added to the forum package. Maybe it's worth contacting the vendor and suggest it.
    Jude...? :)
  13. admin Administrator

There is actually an addon module for this which I was trying to install, but seems to be a few compatibility issues. I'm logged a support request.

Totally agree, unanswered questions would be a good feature.

Will keep you updated.
  14. preethi Member

One more thing, earlier we had a feature which supported notification when a new thread is created. (Under a category) It allowed users like me to ready as and when a new thread is created under a category.
    Of course it could be misused where someone may select all categories. (to avoid it we can limit the number of categories a person can select) it is a good feature give an early answer. As this site has a comparatively low new threads, I prefer this feature at least for the time being.
  15. FrankKalis Moderator

I guess you can achieve something similar by subscribing to the RSS feed of that category.
  16. preethi Member

hmmm... Thanks. let me try that.
  17. admin Administrator

Yes, I think RSS would be the best solution for now. I had a dig around and implementing email notifications based on the category would be a bit tricky.