SQL Server Performance

Offline SSRS File

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services' started by Ismailc, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Ismailc New Member

Hi, I need help please.

Currently have an SSIS package the output to an excel pivot table, reason being that the report can be emailed/distributed to all users that are offline or does not require access.

I was asked to changes to the repot as well as look at a new method of outputting the report.

The report has to filter as well as drill down to the raw data.

I'm keen on going SSRS, then make the report Offline - so that i can email/distribute the report?

The report can initially be online but needs to be distributed in an offline file!

Please Any advise ideas best way forward, and some detail explanations of how to implement this.

Thanking in advance, Regards
  2. gurucb New Member

Use Subscriptions or Data Driven Subscriptions with which mails can be sent in desired formats (like excel, tiff, pdf).
  3. Ismailc New Member

Thank You very much, i read up a bit on the subscriptions in the help files.
    but got feedback that management now wants to keep it within excel.
    Regards
  4. gurucb New Member

Even with data drive subscription sending mails with excel is possible
  5. hannonsb New Member

Be aware that Data Driven Subscriptions are an Enterprise only feature, but "personal" subscriptions are supported in all versions of SSRS. As long as the parameters change little or not at all for every person/group distributed to, the personal subscription should not be a hassle to setup and maintain.