SQL Server Performance

Olympic Fever

Discussion in 'EditorsBlog' started by shanetasker, Aug 1, 2008.

1. shanetasker New Member

With only a week to go until the 2008 Beijing Olympics, it appears that the world is in the grip of Olympic fever. The newspaper is full of articles on the Olympics and the lead story in each news bulletin is always a story on the trials and tribulations leading up to the Olympics. A total stranger even started talking to me whilst in a queue for lunch today about what I am doing next week for the opening ceremony. I am sure that television manufacturers are rubbing their hands with glee as a friend who runs an electrical store reports that sales of big screen televisions are up by over 350% based on the same time last year.
    The Olympics contains many sports that are not typically well covered by the mainstream media, such as judo and the modern pentathlon. It got me thinking that if there was to be a DBA Olympics, what type of events would be included and what would it take to win a gold medal? Perhaps getting the biggest reduction in query duration using indexing? Or maybe the ability to configure a star schema for optimal performance? What do you think it would take to win a gold medal in the DBA Olympics?
    - Peter Ward
  2. Ayyappan New Member

Gold Medal DBA's are the one who is ready to take give accurate result in below the timeline. it is like running race. DBA's needs to provide and store information in available time. If we have good structured database with best optimal configuration to perform query then i damn sure we will get gold medal.AyyappanBWH & BI Administrator / Developer