SQL Server Performance

Online chat: Query Optimization and Tuning

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by gaurav_bindlish, Sep 2, 2003.

1. gaurav_bindlish New Member

Microsoft online chat: Query Optimization and Tuning, Sponsored by SSWUG

Join Microsoft experts in an online chat:

Query Optimization and Tuning, Sponsored by SSWUG

Join Microsoft and your peers from the SQL Server Worldwide User's Group (www.SSWUG.org) and get the answers to your questions on best practices for optimizing your queries, using the various tools offered to see what's happening under the covers as SQL Server processes your request. Find out how to work with query plan or other topics that will help you optimize your applications and boost performance.

September 9, 2003
    Time: 1pm Pacific/4pm Eastern/

Join the chat room on the day of the chat:http://communities2.microsoft.com/home/chatroom.aspx?siteid=34000015

Other IT Pro Chats:http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/itcommunity/chats/Default.asp

Gaurav
    Man thrives, oddly enough, only in the presence of a challenging environment- L. Ron Hubbard
  2. gaurav_bindlish New Member

Don't forget - find out how to tune those queries and indexes!

A quick reminder...

Gaurav
    Man thrives, oddly enough, only in the presence of a challenging environment- L. Ron Hubbard
  3. Twan New Member

I can't believe that I read the time wrong and arrived at just after 10pm BST only to find it all over!!! wait a pain in the ****!!!

oh well I'll just have to read the transcript I guess... <SIGH>

Hope you guys/gals enjoyed it

Cheers
    Twan

PS I had hoped to talk about
    - index fragmentation
    - index maintenance performance on tables without clustered indexes
    - use of sqlvariant for storing auditing information rather than a column for each datatype
    - best way to solve the optional search parameter problem (now usually solved with (

@var is null or col = @var )

hopefully some of this got covered anyway...