SQL Server Performance

Orphaned transactions problems

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 General DBA Questions' started by spirit1, Mar 11, 2008.

1. spirit1 New Member

hey all!
    i'd appreciate if any of the experts here take a look at this thread on sqlTeam.
    http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=98747
    because i honestly don't have any more ideas how to resolve my problem other than manually killing connections on the server.
    plus i'd like to know what is going on the server and client side...
    if this kind of cross posting isn't cool, let me know.
    Thanx
  2. MohammedU New Member

3. spirit1 New Member

thanx mohammed. will read it and report back.
    how come these kb articles have such low page rank? if i search on google for orphaned connections this link you provided doesn't appear in the first 3 pages at all...
  4. satya Moderator

If I search on 'SQL SErver orphaned connections' I get that as a first link, so what is your search string...
    As referred that KBA ensure to specify the user to take utmost care as it will have a downtrend of taking out all the connections.
  5. spirit1 New Member

had it 'SQL SErver orphaned transactios' and not connections
    my bad...[:$]
  6. satya Moderator

Agree on that registry settings, as we tested earlier on test platform where the outcome wasn't that good as expected. So my inclination is just wait until that process finishes or restart sql services.
  7. spirit1 New Member

well i read through that link and it unfortunatly didn't tell me anything new... i was hoping there's some easy way i can kill it from the client.
    i guess modifying the TCP/IP Sockets registry key is one of the options...
    hmm... or i could just remember each spid and try to kill it fromthe client if it exists... will see...