SQL Server Performance

OSQL Error Code 1 - Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2008 General DBA Questions' started by coolwash, Mar 8, 2011.

1. coolwash New Member

Hello SQLServer Forum Members,

I have an issue with an SQL database installation on a Server 2008 box. To make a long story short, I am a small internet cafe owner that uses Server 2008 for some of the applications to the workstation computers. A former employee messed with our server and caused it to crash, upon which we had to do a complete system recovery.

The applications which we need to run our business comes from a company that is no longer in business and no longer provides support. We have tried to re-install the applications from the installer, but we are getting this error message when we try to install it:

System Exception:
    OSQL Error. Process exited with code: 1

at GW Installer ucDatabase.Dowork (ArrayList list)
    at GW Installer ucDatabase.CreateOrUpdateDB()

Any assistance or solutions that can be provided would be extremely helpful to get my business back up and running again as we are about to go bankrupt trying to find a solution, losing customers, etc...

PS.

I do great web design and SEO but I have very little SQL experience.

I can also pay for assistance in help getting our server back up and running.

Thank you kindly a million times over for anyone that can assist.

Please let me know by posting here or PM.

Thank you again.
  2. satya Moderator

Welcome to the forums.
    Sorry to hear the mess caused at your end.
    May I know what kind of applications they are and are you trying to install SQL server too.
    What version of SQL Server you are running?
    The error refers to be a mismatch of path as the application code executing the TSQL using OSQL program.