SQL Server Performance

Package invoked from Stored Proc

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Integration Services' started by gujsa01, Oct 13, 2008.

1. gujsa01 New Member

Hi,
    I have a package which executes the latest version upon right clicking within MSDB. If I were to call this from a Stored Procedure, an older version is executed. I have deleted this package from MSDB, deleted the files from binDeployment folder , rebuild..still doesn't work.
    Appreciate any help on this.
  2. gujsa01 New Member

Package fails at ForEach File loop with the following:
    Description: The For Each File enumerator is empty
    And still works with no issue if right clicked on the package and selected Run package.
    Thanks
  3. Mahmoud_H New Member

check the security of the directory used for file enumeration. Be sure that user has permission on that directory.

4. gujsa01 New Member

I have checked security and is good.
    This package enumerates thru files , imports the data into a staging table and runs a Stored proc against this data. I'm using xp_cmdshell and have successfully configured a proxy account for non sysadmin user to run it.
    My test package runs without any issues which references the same folder as production to enumerate files from.
    Thanks
  5. Mahmoud_H New Member

in foreach loop editor , select collection -> select fully qualified in the "reterive file name"

Run the shell command from dos , for testing.

test with shared name for the directory.
    Can you post you shell command ?