SQL Server Performance

Parallel Boost for Data Modifications (UPDATE, INSERT, DELETE)

Discussion in 'Third Party Tools' started by Michael Brönnimann, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Michael Brönnimann New Member

Parallelization for queries (SELECT) is covered quite well by the SQL engine itself, but when it
    comes to large volume data modifications (UPDATE, INSERT, DELETE), the standard engine does parallelize towards best use of all available resources (disk, multiple cpu-cores, etc.).

Therefore you may have a look into the approach of SQL Parallel Boost at www.ibax.ch
    This parallelization approach can be used for any data modification statements. It can even be used to execute over a single connection multiple SQL statements in parallel and can be used on any edition of SQL Server 2005, 2008, and 2008R2.

The purely SQL engine related parallelisation solution takes advantage of minimized complexity and has no 'external' components like SSIS involved. Therefore it's presumably the best performing solution regarding task splitting and synchronization, as it hasn't potential connection and communication overhead. The overall performance gain thru parallelisation with SQL Parallel Boost is up to 10 !

In case you don't want to rebuild your own solution, SQL Parallel Boost provides a self-contained pure T-SQL based solution, which can be easily embedded in existing applications and ETL process tasks.

The free 'Community Edition' of SQL Parallel Boost is Open Source can be downloaded at
    http://sqlparallelboost.codeplex.com
  2. Luis Martin Moderator

I've moved to relevant forum.
  3. Michael Brönnimann New Member

Please consider:
    The community edition of SQL Parallel Boost is open source and free of charge. Therefore it's not really a third party tool.
  4. FrankKalis Moderator

Hoi Michael,
    anything that is not shipped with SQL Server by Microsoft could be consider a third-party tool. Regardless of whether you pay for it or not.
  5. preethi Member

Just a thought.
    Since this is not a question, shouldn't this be moved from forums to some other section?
  6. Luis Martin Moderator

Hi Preethi,
    Because is a free tool I've moved to third-party tool forum.
    If the subject were advertising the only place is "deleted".
  7. preethi Member

8. satya Moderator

Michael,
    The solutions seems effective and its freeware too, why not upload to www.codeplex too where you can get more feedback.
    I'm thinking to review this for my existing project :)
  9. FrankKalis Moderator

Ahem... :)
  10. satya Moderator

DOH.. :( ..cant find wood for trees.