SQL Server Performance

Parameter Problem

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services' started by benwilson, Jan 26, 2009.

1. benwilson New Member

Hi everyone,
    I have a bit of a strange Reporting Services problem...i have a report with 3 parameters, 2 of which have default values:
    Parameter one: String. Has available values from a query. No default
    Parameter two: Float with a default value of 10000 (default value displayed as soon as report is viewed)
    Parameter three: Date. Default value Today()
    My problem is that the third parameter is not populated with its default value until a value is selected for the first parameter. This is causing problems with subscriptions created in MOSS. If i change the order of the parameters so that the date one is first, it picks up its default value straight away and everything works as it should. There is no link/cascade between any of the parameters.
    Just wondering if anyone has any ideas what could be going on here? I have changed the order of the parameters to get things working, but dont like having to do workarounds like this without understanding what is happening!
    Cheers,
    Ben
  2. hannonsb New Member

May not be the best solution, but I think this will take care of the dependency issue.
    Create a new dataset and use this query:
    select getdate() as defaultdate
    Use this query as the Default Value for the parameter.