SQL Server Performance

PASS Live Meeting Event August 22nd, 2007

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by bradmcgehee, Aug 21, 2007.

1. bradmcgehee New Member

PASS DBA SIG Live Meeting EventAugust 22nd, 2007 at Noon Eastern LiveMeeting DescriptionAdvanced Tips & Techniques for Using the SQL Server 2005 Profiler
    While most DBAs know how to use Profiler to capture a basic trace, what many DBAs don't know is how to leverage all of the Profiler events and use them to see exactly how their SQL Servers are running at the most basic level. The insights gained from this seminar will provide you new and unique ways to identify a wide range of SQL Server 2005 performance problems, giving you the technical knowledge you need to know to be a master DBA. Prerequisites: You should have a basic understanding of how to use SQL Server Profiler 2005. Speaker Biography
    Brad M. McGehee is a MCSE+I, MCSD, and MCT (former) with a Bachelors’ degree in Economics and a Masters in Business Administration. Currently the Director of DBA Education for Red Gate Software, Brad is an accomplished Microsoft SQL Server MVP with over 10 years’ SQL Server experience. Having founded the popular community site SQL‐Server‐Performance.Com, where he now acts as the technical editor and forum moderator, Brad specializes in SQL Server Administration, Performance Tuning, and High Availability. He regularly consults with multiple clients, helping them to get the most out of SQL Server. Brad is a frequent speaker at PASS, SQL Connections, SQL Server user groups, and other industry seminars. Brad is the author or co‐author of more than 12 technical books and over 100 published articles. His most recent book (as a co‐author) is Professional SQL Server 2005 Administration by Wrox Press. To attend the meeting, you will need: An Internet connection for the presentation A telephone connection for the audio The URL for the meeting is: https://www.livemeeting.com/rm/microsoft/join
    The Meeting ID is SIGS
    The Meeting Key is SGISSIGS
    Audio Conferencing (Toll
    ‐free): +1 (866) 500‐6738
    Participant Code: 4048733 When attending the meeting, please observe the following common courtesies: 1. If you are using a speaker phone, please mute it unless you are asking a question. That way, other participants will not be disturbed by the noise in your environment. 2. If you need to leave the meeting temporarily, please hang up and call us back, unless your phone is silent when on hold. Your hold music and/or message is disturbing to other participants.
    FIRST TIME USERS: To save time before the meeting, check your system to make sure it is compatible with Microsoft Office Live Meeting: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52354
    If you have any questions, please contact sharond@voicenet.com.
  2. satya Moderator

3. bradmcgehee New Member

If anyone wants my slides from the presentation, let me know, and I will send them to you.