SQL Server Performance

Payment for Original Articles

Discussion in 'Please Tell Us What You Think' started by bradmcgehee, Jun 19, 2003.

1. bradmcgehee New Member

While I write most of the article for SQL-Server-Performance.Com, many have been written by others. Most have been written for the website in return for no payment, just exposure. This is great for may people, especially those who are new to writing or want to get publicity for their website or products.

I would like to experiment with something new, in order to encourage more articles, and to better reward writers.

I would like to start a program where I pay authors $100 for every original article on the topics of SQL performance tuning or clustering. These must be original articles (not published anywhere else), and they must remain exclusive to SQL-Server-Performance.Com for at least 12 months.

Articles must be at least 1,500 words long and include any necessary graphics, and meet the guidelines found at this url:

http://www.sql-server-performance.com/write_for_us.asp

I will not accept or publish every article I receive, only those that are the most relevant and well written. They should also be on topics not already covered on this website.

Ideally, before sending me the article, first contact me with an outline of the article. That way, you will have a better chance of getting the article published. Payment of the article will be made upon publication.

I will also still publish articles (for no payment) if they don't meet the criteria for payment.

If you have any specific questions, please write me, or post them here.

This is an experiment, and is subject to change at any time.

-----------------------------
    Brad M. McGehee, MVP
    Webmaster
    SQL-Server-Performance.Com
  2. gaurav_bindlish New Member

Great idea brad. As contests in forums increases forum's popularity, so will this idea increase the popularity of web site. This way the ideas which come as sprinkles from forum members will come as solid articles.

Hope to see some good articles soon on website.

Gaurav
  3. vbkenya New Member

Money is a great incentive. Brad,start thinking about a full time editing job because I am sure articles of all kinds will start rolling into your inbox very soon.

This site is really moving in the right direction.

Nathan H.O.