SQL Server Performance

Pb with user access to a dababase-Permissions

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2008 Questions [Archive Only - Closed]' started by AMOURGH, Jul 2, 2009.

1. AMOURGH Member

Hi everybody, i have created new login called 'rachid' in my SQL Server 2008 instance. after added it to 'Public' Server Role. I have a database called MyDB. i created a user 'rachid' for the login rachid. I added this user to Database Role :db_datareader ----------------------------------------------------- As i wanted this user to see only and just only the database MyDB I executed this script: USE master DENY VIEW ANY DEFINITION TO 'rachid' Oki,now the user rachid doesnt see all database except the two system database 'master' and 'tempdb' 1-Why he can still see master and tempdb (is it because he belonngs to server role public?) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ To allow the user rachid to see the database MyDB i executed the script : USE MyDB GRANT VIEW DEFINITION TO rachid but the user rachid can't still even see the database MyDB 2-how can i afford the user rachid to see only the database myDB.Thank you for advance,Rachid
  2. MohammedU New Member

3. AMOURGH Member

Hi, Thank you Mohammed Following this thread i understand that what i'm trying to do is impossible as the databases already exist. Do you confirm ? Or you have done that one time ?Thanks,Rachid