SQL Server Performance

Perfmon Question

Discussion in 'Performance Tuning for DBAs' started by tkelley, Nov 21, 2002.

1. tkelley New Member

I was going to go through the article on "How To Perform an SQL Server Performance Audit", but it appears as though I can not. Here is why:

I do not have any SQL Server counters that I can add to my performance log. The machine appears to have been upgraded from SQL 6.5 to 7.

How can I repair this? For example, I can not add "SQL Server Buffer: Buffer Cache Hit Ratio" to my counter list because SQL Server is not listed.

Thanks...
  2. satya Moderator

Check the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionPerflib09 & hklmsystemcurrentcontrolsetservicesmssqlserverperformance
    registry keys value have proper privilege and access and ensure Sqlctr70.dll is registered to effect the SQL counters.

HTH

Satya SKJ
  3. tkelley New Member

The registry key isn't there and the dll has been registered. Any other ideas?
  4. bradmcgehee New Member

If you do a search at msdn.microsoft.com, there is at least one article on this issue, and series of steps on how to fix it. I don't remember them from the top of my head, and I am attending PASS today, and don't have the time to look this page up for you.

------------------
    Brad M. McGehee
    Webmaster
    SQL-Server-Performance.Com
  5. satya Moderator