SQL Server Performance

Perforamce slow down after moving off processes

Discussion in 'Performance Tuning for DBAs' started by w84me2say, Oct 25, 2007.

1. w84me2say New Member

We had a ping/post process, external webservices and internal clients all hitting the same database and server. It would take 8 seconds for one query to run on the server and there was quite a bit of conention. We setup replication to another server and replicated a few articles to the other server. We then moved the ping/post process from the original server to the new server.
    The ping/post process is working great. However, the same proc that took 8 seconds to run on the original server, is now taking 30-40 seconds.
    At first I thought it may have been the replication, but we stopped and disabled replication, but still had the same results. As soon as we point the ping/post back to the original server, the execute time goes back down to 8 seconds or less.
    Why would things slow down AFTER you move some of the processes to another server. I ran a profiler for memory, cpu and disk i/o, but didn't see anything out of the ordinary.
    Could it be an issue with the caching? How can I track that? Thanks in advance for any help
  2. satya Moderator

What is the schedule of reindexing from the source database?
    How about statistics for replicated tables?q