SQL Server Performance

Performance of SQL Server

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Performance Tuning for DBAs' started by sarnee, Mar 5, 2008.

1. sarnee New Member

Hi,
    I have a dev server and a production server. But my production servers performance is very very low. I just executed a query both in Dev as well as in production (For the similar set of data). It took only 2 min in dev but in production it took nearly 40 min. kindly help me in this.
  2. ranjitjain New Member

Hi,
    Check the execution plan on both server to make sure those are same. It could be possible that index on table is not deployed, also update the statistics which could be outdated on prod.
    Also run the reindexing/defragmentation.
  3. sarnee New Member

4. sarnee New Member

5. sarnee New Member

hi, I have checked up the indexing and the execution plan. in both the servers it is the same. but if i include client statistics i was able to find some difference. The Bytes sent from client is low compared to the dev server similarly the waiting time for server reply is also huge when compared to the development server
  6. ranjitjain New Member

Also run the performance monitor to track the counters behaviour while running the SQL query on Prod.
  7. satya Moderator