SQL Server Performance

permission

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services' started by arkiboys, Feb 19, 2010.

1. arkiboys Member

Hello,
    I have put my web project (which uses reporting services) into the web server for testing.
    All works fine on th elocal machine but on the server I get this error when trying to access the reports:
    The permissions granted to user 'NT AUTHORITYNETWORK SERVICE' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)
    What do I do to solve this please?
    thanks
  2. arkiboys Member

I have now done this:
    go to the property tab and create a new group with name
    BUILTINUsers
    And in the role assignment tick browser role
    Now the error is :
    An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
    Cannot create a connection to data source 'dsDB'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
    For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors
    Any thoughts please?
    thanks
  3. arkiboys Member

Solved by using the correct user in sql server logins.
    Thanks
  4. Adriaan New Member

Not my specialty, but "browser role" doesn't sound like it actually gives access to the database.
    The account under which the web project will be executing (seems to be currently "NT AUTHORITYNETWORK SERVICE") needs to be mapped to a login and have db access, and the login needs to be member of the appropriate database role(s).
  5. satya Moderator

This is impersonation issue, you should go to the reports manager (http://servername/reports) and go to the property tab and create a new group with name BUILTINUsers And in the role assignment tick browser role