SQL Server Performance

Print Button?

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services' started by ZeroInfinity, Aug 24, 2007.

1. ZeroInfinity New Member

Hi,

I am having a problem with Print button not showing up. I tried everything but I can get it to show itself on the toolbar. I am using reporting viewer on local report on the web page. I published my local report on the server but still not showing.
    If anybody knows how to fix this problem please help.

Also, I am using a local report on my webproject and I would like to put a field on the page header but it is not working. If anybody knows how to get around this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
  2. simondm New Member

Are you using FireFox? I believe the print button is only enabled/supported in IE.
    Simon
  3. ZeroInfinity New Member

No, I am using IE7 and it is not showing up!
    I use ReportViewer to display my local report! Which is in the same root directory. I am not showing the report from a Reporting Server.
    I published my site on the server under IIS6.0 and still not showing.
    Any ideas?
    I am also trying to get one of the parameters (some how, since this is the local port version) to put it on the page header section. But, I cannot. It does not even recongize the parameters since this is the local report.
    Please help!
    Thank you in advance!
  4. satya Moderator

Just checking whether you have upto date SP for SQL 2005 RS>?
  5. ZeroInfinity New Member

Yes, I am. I also installed the SP2 on the SQL Server 2005 Express.
    Print Button is not showing at all.
    I am going crazy I'll tell you that. I tried everything.
    Now, I will try to do from the server rather than the local but I don't see the difference. If it was windows base app. maybe.
    Anyway, thanks for trying to help!
  6. satya Moderator

BOL refers that : The Microsoft ActiveX control, RSPrintClient, provides client-side printing for reports viewed in a browser. The control displays a custom print dialog box that supports features common to other print dialog boxes, including print preview, page selections for specifying specific pages and ranges, page margins, and orientation. Although client-side printing is enabled by default, you can disable the feature to prevent it from being used.
    Fyi http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/2005ssrs.mspx