SQL Server Performance

Probl. Sql 2005 Mirroring SP2, 9.00.3042.00

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Database Mirroring' started by scharti, Oct 23, 2007.

1. scharti New Member

We are running mirroring with a witness (high protection, automatic failover) on several databases on a production server.
    Sometimes, unexpectedly all or some of the databases switch over to the mirror server. I don't see anything else in the System or Application Event Viewer also there is now downtime or delay on the network.
    There are no Jobs or Backups running during this period. Also DNS is working. The problem starts with Event 1479 before the database fail-over following by this message:
    Database mirroring connection error 4 '64(error not found)' for 'TCP://baltimore.test.com:5022'.
    I have set the timeout to 20, but in this case it make no sense.
    Any ideas? Regards JO Schartmueller
  2. satya Moderator

Any reason for leaving the automatic failover?
    Why not simply go with manual failover and see, are you using IP addresses instead of FQDNs?
  3. scharti New Member

FQDN and DNS is working.
    Yes i have now switched to manual failover but automatic failover is a great feature and we want to use it.
    Regards Jo
  4. satya Moderator

True, I agree but when it is occurring frequently you should monitor the current prinicpal server carefully for such triggering.