SQL Server Performance

Problem with Data collection default jobs.

Discussion in 'ALL SQL SERVER QUESTIONS' started by David_W, Oct 4, 2012.

1. David_W New Member

Hi, I have a problem with one server and the default data collection job failing.

If someone could help that would be great!

collection_set_3_upload job is failing on step 2.

Executed as user: mydomain\myuser. SSIS error. Component name: DFT - Upload collection snapshot, Code: -1071636372, Subcomponent: RFS - Read Current Upload Data [1], Description: String too long. The adapter read a string that was 620762624 bytes long, and expected a string no longer than 129 bytes, at offset 60974. This could indicate a damaged input file. The file shows a string length that is too large for the buffer column. .SSIS error. Component name: DFT - Upload collection snapshot, Code: -1073450952, Subcomponent: SSIS.Pipeline, Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED. The PrimeOutput method on component "RFS - Read Current Upload Data" (1) returned error code 0x80004005. The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure. .The master package exited with error, previous error messages should explain the cause. Process Exit Code 5. The step failed.
  2. Shehap MVP, MCTS, MCITP SQL Server

I can see , it is relevant to MDW (Management Data Warehousing ) running on your SQL Instance that might be relevant to one of 3 aspects:

· Disk usage

· Query execution

· Server activity

So it sounds like relevant to overflow log file name size , so you can go by the weakest way to solve this error by purging all log files and re-run the job again as follows:

· Alter the SP sp_syscollector_purge_collection_logs using the DDL Change SP1

· Run the job again

· Alter the same SP back to its original case using the DDL Change SP2

Kindly work out and if it still persist , kindly let me know

Attached Files: