SQL Server Performance

Pull Subscription

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Replication' started by rajantonyv, Mar 11, 2007.

1. rajantonyv New Member

Has anyone seen this before??? If so is there a fix out there???

TITLE: Connect to Server
    ------------------------------

Cannot connect to TATA-SQL1.TATA.ORGTRVSQL2005.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

SQL Server replication requires the actual server name to make a connection to the server.
    Connections through a server alias, IP address, or any other alternate name are not supported.
    Specify the actual server name, 'TATA-SQL1TATASQL2005'. (Replication.Utilities)

BUTTONS:

OK
  2. MohammedU New Member

Are you able to connect to "TATA-SQL1.TATA.ORGTRVSQL2005" using SSMS? or SQLCMD?
    Try creating the linked server for "TATA-SQL1.TATA.ORGTRVSQL2005" and test the connectivity...

MohammedU.
    SQL-Server-Performance.com
  3. rajantonyv New Member

The TATA server is located in a different domain than the subscriber. If I used a fully qualified name, I can connect via SSMS otherwise no. I tried putting in hosts file with no luck...
  4. MohammedU New Member

Try creating the linked server and then try it...

MohammedU.
  5. kiza17 New Member

Have you tried adding [..] around the name, maybee dots (.) in the name are confusing it?

e.g.
    [TATA-SQL1.TATA.ORGTRVSQL2005]

Cheers,

Zoran

6. rajantonyv New Member

Yes, I have the tried the fully qualified name and it does not like it. It has something to do with the wizard itself because I was seeing the same message when I was at the server (local console). I believe I also tried adding linked server.
  7. MohammedU New Member

Try aliasing the server name in client network utility and then use the new name linked server..

MohammedU.
  8. rajantonyv New Member

I have tried creating the alias and then using that. No luck...
  9. MohammedU New Member

Try creating through scripts and make sure your server/instance name is squar barckets...

MohammedU.