SQL Server Performance

Quickshift (100% - 200% performance increase????)

Discussion in 'Third Party Tools' started by rhankin, Sep 22, 2010.

1. rhankin New Member

I read an
    article regarding huge performance increases using Quickshift SQL Accelerator.
    This sounds great but quickshift.com no longer exists and I can not find
    anything about this software - it seems it has been discontinued (and Quickshift
    Inc seems to have disappeared)

I have many old under performing SQL 2000
    servers which would greatly benefit if these claims are true. Does anyone know
    where I can get this software and/or if there is anything else providing the
    same
    function??

(http://www.sql-server-performance.com/software/review/quickshift_sql_server_p1.aspx)

2. FrankKalis Moderator

Sorry, no direct answer to your question, but wouldn't it be about time to think of upgrading at least to 2005? Afaik, SQL Server 2000 is well beyond mainstream support's end.
  3. sql_jr New Member

I know a great new product that just might give you the performance boost you need! Pearl Knowledge Solutions is a local vendor, so you can contact them http://www.pearlknows.com
    It's called SafePeak:
    Automated in-memory database caching accelerates applications and SQL Server databases to microsecond response time.
    Achieve with SafePeak:
    • Significantly faster application response time, performance and throughput
      • Immediate resolution of database load, retrieval latency and bottlenecks
        • More agile infrastructure with reduced IT costs
      • It is the only plug and play pro-active solution for application performance acceleration and scalability: No need to change any code at all! Automated result set caching technology brings performance, speed, scalability and throughput of in-memory databases to any existing and 3rd party applications and websites working on SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 r2.
        Accelerating data access and retrieval SafePeak provides results in respond time of microsecond speed. This enables companies to maximize their investment in existing infrastructure while avoiding costly hardware and software upgrades. SafePeak ensures high availability for mission-critical applications and safeguards against unpredictable traffic spikes and surges of usage.
  4. satya Moderator

Are you looking any specific third party tool on performance benefits?
    I support SQL_Jr note on PearlKnows software, they are reliable.
  5. MohammedU New Member

Have you or anyone you know of implemented this?
  6. Luis Martin Moderator

I've download trial version, but only works on Windows 2008 R2 so I can't test it.