SQL Server Performance

recreate the entire log shipping task in script

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Log Shipping' started by avipenina, Nov 11, 2007.

1. avipenina New Member

Hi,
    I've setup a log shipping successfully,and i'm wondering how i can setup new log shipping with all the task that log shipping do in TSQL statement?
    I've try to export all the log shipping that i've created into query window but it's not do the entire log shipping plan (backup the new DB and restore it on the secondary server and so on).
  2. ghemant Moderator

3. satya Moderator

Books online (updated) for SQL 2005 refers;

Stored Procedure Description
    /msdn.microsoft.com/mshelp" />sp_add_log_shipping_primary_database Sets up the primary database for a log shipping configuration, including the backup job, local monitor record, and remote monitor record.sp_add_log_shipping_primary_secondaryAdds a secondary database name to an existing primary database.
    sp_change_log_shipping_primary_databaseChanges primary database settings including local and remote monitor record.
    sp_cleanup_log_shipping_historyCleans up history locally and on the monitor based on retention period.
    sp_delete_log_shipping_primary_databaseRemoves log shipping of primary database including backup job as well as local and remote history.
    sp_delete_log_shipping_primary_secondaryRemoves a secondary database name from a primary database.
    sp_help_log_shipping_primary_databaseRetrieves primary database settings and displays the values from the log_shipping_primary_databases and log_shipping_monitor_primary tables.
    sp_help_log_shipping_primary_secondaryRetrieves secondary database names for a primary database.
    sp_refresh_log_shipping_monitorRefreshes the monitor with the latest information for the specified log shipping agent.