SQL Server Performance

Regarding Database mail

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Database Mirroring' started by rohan, Feb 18, 2009.

1. rohan New Member

HI everyone,
    i m new in sql server. i have created profile in database mail. and i configure that mail and successfully send too.
    i m sending a mail using job. then i received a mail (with attachment) also but i cant received a larger attachment mail(1 mb).
    then i see the database mail log the error displays like that. "The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 8 (2009-02-18T12:20:12). Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (The operation has timed out.). )"
    so whats the solution for that ??? please help me..............
  2. MohammedU New Member

I believe default attachement size is 1 000 000 bytes, so you may need to change the size of the attachement in your mail profile in db mail configuration and also you can change the file extensions etc...
  3. rohan New Member

Thanks to MohammedU for giving me reply.
    i have already changed that size from "change parameters " in database mail and also changed extension in that. but yet not receive large mail .
    i can only upto 1 gb mail receiving....
  4. satya Moderator

Welcome to the forums.
    Attachment size governor within Database Mail enforces a configurable limit on the attachment file size. You can change this limit by using the sysmail_configure_sp stored procedure.
  5. satya Moderator

See whether any errors reported in network for that SMTP server?
  6. rohan New Member

hi,
    if the report is upto 1 gb then it will be attached and also i received successfully. but more than 1 gb then , i cannot received.
    how can i see the errors in network for smtp server ?
  7. rohan New Member

hi, i have seen in my sql server using this query ..
    select
    * from msdb.dbo.sysmail_event_log
    the error is "The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 8 (2009-02-19T09:23:33). Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (The operation has timed out.). )"...
  8. rohan New Member

Still the error is coming....
    The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 8 (2009-02-20T12:20:32). Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (The operation has timed out.). )
    please give me solution........... please