SQL Server Performance

Remote perfmon

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Performance Tuning for Hardware' started by ctics112, Apr 17, 2008.

1. ctics112 New Member

Ok whenever I try to set up a performance monitor on a server that has different user credentials than my original machine I run into an error saying unable to connect to machine. I am looking for a way to set up credentials or pass a new set of credentials when trying to set up performance monitors that are on a different network. I looked through the other related topics and could not find an answer. Any help would be useful. Thanks
    -Chris
  2. ghemant Moderator

Chris,
    Welcome to the Forum!!
    If you are having to different network/domain and you are setting up perfmon to another domain, if you have the same credential on both domain this would certainly allowed you to do the same i.e. userA should be their on both domain with identical password and admin privilege
  3. ctics112 New Member

Hemantgiri,
    thanks for the welcome,
    see thats the problem I am looking to set up perfmon on remote machines with different credentials than on the original computer. Whenever i try to set up perfmon on a server that has different user credentials than on my original machine i get an error saying unable to connect to machine.
  4. Kewin New Member

Would this work for you?
    Right-click on the perfmon-icon and choose 'run as...'
    Then enter the domainuser and pwd you need to use.
    /Kenneth