SQL Server Performance

Remote server is not defined as subscription server. ERROR 14010

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Replication' started by jag_techie, Sep 6, 2007.

1. jag_techie New Member

I have two machines ess-testserver1 and ess-testserver2. one has a db test. i took the backup and restored on the second machine. both have sql server 2000. now i tried to setup merge replication for my db TEST. The first machine is acting as publisher and distributor. and distributor agent runs on the publisher.merge agent also runs on publisher. I did test snapshot and transactional replication and it works fine. now when i configure merge replication and then i see under replication monitor publishers ess-testserver1 test_rep:test. The subscription to publication 'test_rep' is invalid. when i see the error details it says the remote server is not defined as a subscription server (source ess-testserver2 (data source); error number 14010). my publisher should be ess-testserver1 and subscriber should be ess-testserver2 machine. i did see in my ssyservers before configuring merge replication it shows ess-testserver1 as the srvname and id is 0 and after i configure merge replication it shows ess-testsever1 id 0 , ess-testserver2 id 1 and repl_distributor id 2. i removed all the servers after i disabled replication and then once there is nothing in sysserver. i did sp_addserver 'ess-testserver1', local which is my publisher(to be replicated to ess-testserver2(subscriber)). but still i get the same error msg. i am trying to run the merge replication on continous basis. i did try few times to make it work but i still get the same error. i would sincerely appreciate if some one can help me sort it out and make it work. it is very urgent. hope to hear from you soon and find the exact solution to this problem.
    Regards,
    -jag
  2. Luis Martin Moderator

Check:
    http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=383505&SiteID=17
  3. satya Moderator

That is due to mismatch of sysservers table, this error has been observed when the remote server had been renamed after the original installation of SQL Server, and where the SQL Server configuration function ‘@@SERVERNAME’ still returned the original name of the server.