hi all we have a situation here. We have transactional replication setup. after the initial snapshot when the transaction are moved from the pulication database to distribution database there are lot of locks getting created on the server on distribution when the logreader agent runs and it is hanging other logreader agents in the distribution server . Is there a way to workaround this situation. I tried by reducing the read batchsize parameter to minimal value like 10 but still the same problem. The number of locks went upto a maximum of 4 million. we had everything working smooth until we changed the box from where the publications are coming. Any suggestion on this would be really helpful. As this is a production issue Thank You. any workarounds on this problem would really be helpful other doubt ca we rebuilt the indexes on database when we have replication set up on it. but it has not activity on.