SQL Server Performance

Replication error w/ snapshot

Discussion in 'Performance Tuning for SQL Server Replication' started by dchorton, Mar 8, 2007.

1. dchorton New Member

We have a customer w/ merge replication setup and has been functioning. Their server's were hacked. We have spent 3 days on the phone w/ MS and everything is working except for 1 client. When it is trying to deliver the snapshot it is getting an error:

The process could not bulk copy into table {table name}

Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint. Cannot insert duplicate key.

I understand what that means, so on that table (it is not a necessary table, just a log), I deleted all records from that table and the delivery got past that table to the next table in the list and displayed the same message.

What can I do on the client to get this to work? I can't delete the info in the second table because it is much more required and I don't want to have it delete the same data on the main server. I know it is trying to insert a new record that has the same primary key, but is it trying to do that because the server record has one guid and the client has a different guid (I don't really know how the guid's work in replication - if the record has the same guid on all servers).

Thanks - I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, but I didn't see a 2000 replication question area.

Thanks.

All servers are Win 2003 w/ SQL 2000 SP4 loaded.

Darin
  2. MohammedU New Member

Try changing the agent profile to "Continue on data consistency errors." profile...

MohammedU.
    SQL-Server-Performance.com
  3. dchorton New Member

Where is that option??

Darin
  4. rfalor New Member

I'm having the same issue. Did you get this resolved?
    P.S. What was "hacked" on your server