SQL Server Performance

replication in SQL 2005

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Replication' started by creieru, Nov 20, 2009.

1. creieru New Member

HelloI need some suggestions with this situation:
    Ihave a c# client application and a MSSQL 2005 database.My application needs to run on 2 different locations (let's saylocation A and location B), each with its own SQL database.The ideea is that all the data changes in location B must be reflectedas well in location A, ie database from location B contains its owndata, but the database from location A must contain the data operatedlocally as well as the data operated in the other location.
    the tables from database have primary key id with autoincrement (1,1)
    My approach is:
    start database is called DBase
    -copy DBase to location A server and change increment 2 and seed the next available ID odd
    -copy DBase to location B server and change increment 2 and seed the next available ID even....(that's to prevent conflict of primary keys)- set database from location B as publisher
    - set database from location A as subsriber
    - create a transactional replication that runs conntinously
    My questions:
    - this approach is correct?
    - i know than in a replication, its recommanded than dailly toperform a snapshot replication also, for that the integrity andconsistency of data
    - in case that is performed an insert in location B, and, forwhateverreason this new addly record itsn't performed in location A,what is the appropriate action? i have to use replication monitor andsee that? how can i be secure then the data from location B always getto location A?
    Thanks, and i wait for any suggestions...
  2. ghemant Moderator