SQL Server Performance

Replication issues with SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 R2.

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2008 Replication' started by snivas, Nov 18, 2011.

1. snivas Member

Dear Gurus,

I have a setup SQL Server 2005 with Windows 2k3 as a publisher and same setup for Subscriber also.
    Now we are migration Subscriber from Physical box to Virtual boxes which has SQL Server 2008 R2 32 bit with Windows 2k8 R2.
    Now issue is we have 3 instances one default and 2 Named instances

Deafult instances are working fine where as Named instances not able subscribe
    Note: 3 Instance has different port numbers.

can any body help us to resolve the setup issues...

Thanks in advance
  2. ghemant Moderator

Is there any error message you are getting? At what step / level you are getting the error message ?
  3. snivas Member

Thanks Hemant,

Intial level only I am getting issue which is saying Subscriber not available(that means Publisher in 2005 and subscriber in 2008R2 ,Problem with named insatnce only,we are able to Publish deafilt instances).

Default instances and 2 Named instance has diff Ports as well.
    Note: All ports are open
  4. ghemant Moderator

were you able to access the publisher from the subscriber ? If so, did you try creating subscriber by invoking wizard from subscriber (named instance of sql 2008 machine ) ?
  5. snivas Member

Apology
    Delayed to get Information

Cannot connect to Krole\rube
    Filed to connect to server Krole\rube
    A networkrelated or instance specific error occured while estibilishing a connection to SQL Server
    The Server was not found or was not accessible.
    Verify that the instance name is correct and that server is configured to allowed remote connection(Provider:SQL Network
    Interfaces,error:26-Error Location Server/Instance Specific)
  6. snivas Member

Yes,I am able to access the Publsher from subscriber and for testing from subscriber mechane I am able to Publish to subscriber(Publisher machane)
    (it is working with revers direction).
    to access the subscriber form publisher I have mention the port number (General check).But while configuring Replication Instance followed by port number not allowing.

Thanks in advance
  7. satya Moderator

Well you need to check the ALIAS for that SQL instance too, see from the firewall perspective if the port is opened or not.
    Also ensure the BROWSER service is running
    snivas likes this.
  8. snivas Member

Thanks Satya for your inputs