SQL Server Performance

REPLICATION ON WINDOWS SERVER 2008

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2008 General DBA Questions' started by neo_bagsjol, Jan 31, 2011.

1. neo_bagsjol New Member

hello to all expert
    i would like to ask help about replication using sqlserver 2008 r2 in windows server 2008, here is my problem, my snapshot agent wont run i look on the status monitoring it says access path is denied. during my configuration on my subscription under the snapshot agent security settings i choose the Run under sqlserver agent and not supplying the first option which need a domain account. now when i done configuring i click finish..the snapshot agent was not able to run due to the error he encounter that was the path is denied. but in my windows xp i try to use this option its run perfectly but in windows 2008 server it wont run..please help
    thanks
  2. ghemant Moderator

Ensure that the user (which is configured to run SQL Server Agent service) is having a proper NTFS and share permission where you have kept all the snapshot files on the share location.
  3. neo_bagsjol New Member

thanks for the reply
    that's true sir ghemant as i read on the article on the replication that, it needs a domain account to access on the snapshot folder, is there any way to proceed without any domain account? coz i already tried the second option that will run only on sqlserver agent. but i failed there..please any advice or that's really need an account for the snapshot to run smoothly?.
    regards
  4. RamJaddu Member

5. shaba New Member

Hi :)
    I have a problem with my replication.I have used two kind of replication (snapshot & transactional), however, when i add anything in current tables, replication occurs but when i create new table nothing happens.plz let me know what's the problem?
  6. satya Moderator

Are you including that table in the publication and generating a new snapshot when the new table si created?
  7. shaba New Member

Thank u very much, u made me so happy :) it's done.
  8. shaba New Member

and i have another question plz let me know is there any option in order to change it to automatic mode that If the source table was generated, to be generated automatically in the destination table.tnx u very much in advance
  9. satya Moderator

You have to include that newly created table in replication, so in order to do that either you can depend on a script to add the table to publication or use the GUI methods.