SQL Server Performance

Replication only for INSERT statements

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Replication' started by alberto, Jul 14, 2008.

1. alberto New Member

Hi all,
    I've got my first job about sql replication... I've read a lot around but I'm still in trouble
    First I'll explaine my architecture:
    I've got two db caching data directly from the field in realtime. Each one read data from different devices and they write on a table with an identical schema. DB must have a seven days cache flushing every night (this is very simple).
    I've to make a replication of this data in a third db (historical archive) that should be updated every 5 minutes. There is also a fourth db that should be mirrored with the third....
    DBs are on different servers (OS windows server 2003) and they are all sql server 2005
    for third/forth i think to put a DATABASE MIRRORING in High Protection Operating Mode...
    for replication from first/second to the PRINCIPAL I've think about log-shipping...
    two questions:
    does log-shipping can work only for INSERT statement?? I've to mask the DELETE operations need to have a seven days cache
    which are the limitations of DATABASE MIRRORING without a Witness Server and in FULL SAFETY mode??
  2. MohammedU New Member

3. alberto New Member

thank you very much!
    lst question... do you know what happen if I configure two witness in my mirror configuration?