SQL Server Performance

Replication

Discussion in 'Performance Tuning for SQL Server Replication' started by rrl_sudha, Jun 17, 2007.

1. rrl_sudha New Member

Hi

I have setup transaction replication from a remote server to a central server. The connections is a leased line. Due to some problems in leased line the replication did
    not take place for many days. Now the leased line has been set right. And I have to
    restart transaction replication again. But if I start now, the articles are not
    synchronised. So first a snapshot will be created and distributed to central server.
    But the leased line speed is less and transferring the snapshot like this would take
    lot of time. So please suggest what steps I should take to make replication work again.
    Also will there be any lockes applied on the tables on publisher side during snapshot
    creation?

2. satya Moderator

If the database is not huge, why not simply restore the database using a media based method.
    In order to avoid the backlog with this troubled leased line I suggest to restore in this case.

Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
    http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
    This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information on it.
  3. ndinakar Member