SQL Server Performance

Replication

Discussion in 'Performance Tuning for SQL Server Replication' started by lara99, Nov 25, 2007.

1. lara99 New Member

Hi/ All
    We have replication setup on our proudction environment and our distributor is setup on production only.
    Now I have been assigned the job of optimizing the over all performance of our servers.
    I am trying to recommend them to move the distributor to the dedicated server. Can you guys depending on your
    real time experiences list some points what are the pros and cons of moving the distributor to a different
    dedicated server.We are mostly doing transactional replication., and we only one production server, which was prompting me to suggest them
    to move the server to a different dedicated server as it will release some of the processing overhead on production.
    Any Ideas will be cordially welcomed. thanks.
  2. ndinakar Member

Put the distributor on the Subscriber. Check out the "subscriptionstreams" , "commandbatchsize", "commandthresholdsize" parameters in distribution agent. Disable the constraints on the subscriber. I hear pull subscription is faster than push. Havent tried it though.