SQL Server Performance

Report Error

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services' started by atulgoswami, Feb 12, 2010.

1. atulgoswami New Member

I am working on one report problem, in which report did not come up in preview mode from visual studio 2005 and at the same time not from the application for large resultset (17000+ records from SP) however working fine for small resultset (5000 records from SP).
    I checked the stored procedure and it is pretty fast, returning 17000+ records in less than 3 seconds.
    I checked the report execution log and found following entry.
    w3wp!reportrendering!5!02/10/2010-07:54:12:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.WrapperReportRenderingException: An error occurred during rendering of the report., ;
    Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.WrapperReportRenderingException: An error occurred during rendering of the report. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportRendering.ReportRenderingException: An error occurred during rendering of the report. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to compare two elements in the array. ---> System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.

I tried google on this error but did not get anything related to my problem. Just for more information, in this report, one third party document to RTF library is used. I am not sure that this could cause this report to fail for larger resultset.
    Any idea/suggestion would be of great help.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. satya Moderator

What is the configuration of SQL Server & Reporting server where you are trying to deploy?
    I guess this could be a resource issue due to the volume of data is returned.
  3. dineshasanka Moderator

sounds like the data volume issue. Check whether you are having correct indexes