SQL Server Performance

Report Queries - HELP!

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services' started by sql_jr, Nov 26, 2007.

1. sql_jr New Member

Hi, I am having some issues converting my queries to build a report.
    I have some great maintenance reports that I'd like to build reports for, but having some tough luck.
    Basically, when I run it in query analyzer, the results are perfect, and just want to get the same results in a report format, that I can work with.
    I tried using the wizard, but it seems to bomb on build. Even when I get past the wizard the execution bombs.
    Some of these scripts have variables, cursors, and even temp tables, but sure there must be a way to get this working in RS.
    Please help!!
  2. MichaelB Member

Are you puting the script in a Stored Proc and running that? That is the cleanest way of running it. also, dont do it from the wizzard but from scratch or update the datasource of the existing report to point to the SP. Make sure you change the type from text to store proc for the data source.
  3. GopalMynam New Member

Hello,
    If you are using SP with temp tables, use SET
    FMTONLY OFF
    for the SP to work in report.
    Gopal
  4. dineshasanka Moderator

1. Add the following setting to you SP

SET FMTONLY OFF

2. Don't use the wizard! To create a new report right click in the solution exlorer Reports->Add->New Item and then choose the Report option. You shouldn't be prompted with the report wizard.