SQL Server Performance

Reporting server on the internet

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services' started by khan, Apr 8, 2008.

1. khan New Member

we have a SQL server 2005 database server with SSRS installed that sits behind the firewall, but our web server sits in the DMZ outside the firewall i would like to know the following
    1- can i consume SSRS reports from our web server which sits in the DMZ via Report viewer
    2- can i also access the report builder from the web server which sits in the DMZ.
    3- how can i configure SSRS so that it can be accessed from the INTERNET and still sits behind the firewall. i am willing to configure the Firewall and use windows security.
    Any help would greatly be appreciated.
    Khan
  2. satya Moderator

3. khan New Member

Satya--
    Thanks for the quick response. the link you have suggested is very useful i cam across this link in my search on google the only thing that i want to confirm now as this link :
    http://blogs.msdn.com/tudortr/archive/2005/11/03/488731.aspx
    Suggests that you can not :( have report builder available if you configure the report manager to sit out side of the firewall and the report server behind the firewall. we are interested in the using the report builder functionality in the above scenario.
    Please advise is it possible to use the RB in the above scenario and why is not available as per the link suggests.
    Khan
  4. ghemant Moderator