SQL Server Performance

Reporting Services 2005 HTML Viewer Stylesheet Problem with SP2

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services' started by PaulTeal, Aug 21, 2007.

1. PaulTeal New Member

I am using Reporting Services 2005 and have created a custom stylesheet to be used with the HTML viewer via URL access, by adding the parameter &rc:stylesheet=MyStyleSheetName to the report URL. Everything worked just fine until I installed SP2, and now the report loads OK with the custom stylesheet being applied, but as soon as the View Report button is clicked it reverts back to the default stylesheet for the HTML viewer. Does anyone know the fix for this?
  2. satya Moderator

What is the value for <HTMLViewerStyleSheet> property has been added to the Reporting Services configuration file so that you can specify a new default style sheet for your HTML Viewer.
  3. PaulTeal New Member

Thank you for your quick response. I am aware of the <HTMLViewerStyleSheet> property that can be added to the config file and that does work fine if you only need one stylesheet. What we do, is dynamically load a different stylesheet based upon who is viewing the reports. That is why I need to be able to specify the stylesheet in the URL.
  4. satya Moderator

BOL confirms:
    Specifying a Style Sheet on a Report URL

You can use the rc:StyleSheet URL access parameter to specify a custom style sheet on the report URL. For more information about how to specify URL access parameters, see Using URL Access Parameters.
  5. cathyw New Member

I am continuing this discussion for PaulTeal (above)
    We are using that technique that you mention above and it worked perfectly before the install of SP2. Now when we load a report with the URL parameter for the stylesheet it applies the stylesheet. As soon as the parameter values are chosen, and the View Report button is clicked, it reverts back to the default stylesheet for the HTML viewer. This is an obvious bug in the program.
  6. satya Moderator

For updating such bugs and issues please refer to http://connect.microsoft.com site where you might get to see any fix for this issue if anyone has reported, if not you can raise the bug for next hotfix release.
  7. cathyw New Member

Thanks a lot, I didn't know about that link.