SQL Server Performance

reporting services

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services' started by laailalalaa, Nov 11, 2009.

1. laailalalaa New Member

helloi'm totally new to sql server reporting services.i installed sql server 2008 express with advanced services on a 64 bit vista. available features for installation are db engine services, sql server replication, management tools and sql client connectivity. i have 2 questions:1. how can i determine if the SSRS is installed? there's no such thing in programs and features2. when i go to Reporting Services Config Manager.. it asks me for a server name, i type in my machine name, i click Find and i receive: "unable to connect to the report server vmi provider. details: Invalid namespace". what am i doing wrong here?thank u
  2. satya Moderator

Welcome to the forums.
    SQLExpress doesn't install reporting services, for that you need to install SSRS as seperate.
  3. freezea New Member

1. Generally speaking, you can run this query to determine the version you have installed.
    SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('productversion') AS SQLServerVersion, SERVERPROPERTY ('productlevel') AS ServicePackLevel, SERVERPROPERTY
    ('edition') AS SQLServerEdition
    Also, if you have access to SQL Server Mgmt Studio, you can right click the ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB databases >> select Properties >> select Options >> and check the Compatibility level. It should be SQL Server 2005 (90). Also, to check SSRS/Reporting Services installation in general, you can: right-click My Computer >> select Manage >> select Services and Applications >> Internet Information Services >> Web Sites >> Default Web Site >> and check for the Reports and ReportServer virtual directories. Also, check the SQL Server Reporting Services (MSSQLSERVER) service (via: right-click My Computer >> select Manage >> select Services and Applications >> Services) and make sure that it exists and is shown as Started. Hope this helps.
  4. dineshasanka Moderator

[quote user="satya"]
    Welcome to the forums.
    SQLExpress doesn't install reporting services, for that you need to install SSRS as seperate.
    [/quote]
    Reporting services does install with SQL Server express advanced services
  5. preethi Member

6. satya Moderator