SQL Server Performance

role reversal in logshipping

Discussion in 'SQL Server Log Shipping' started by THIRUVENGADAM, Nov 12, 2003.

1. THIRUVENGADAM New Member

Hi,
    I built logshipping,then i have done role change ie i made my
    secondary server as production server .I have done some server updation
    at my production server.Now i have to make my old production server
    to be the primary server and the existing primary server,which is old secondary server
    to secondary server.In simple,i have made my secondary server to primary server,fixed the updation to the production server,now time to make my production server again back in to action as primary server,what should i do,where can i get the apt information.Microsoft site says you have to reset logshipping from the scratch,is it the only way or can i get apt information.

THIRUVENGADAM
  2. satya Moderator

3. satya Moderator

4. THIRUVENGADAM New Member

Hi,
    I have done logshipping.Then tried role change,it sucessfully changed the role.After role change the two jobs responsible for logshipping namely
    logshipping copy
    log shipping restore
    get deleted.
    Now if i want to make my primay server ie the original production server in to action again.What is the easiest way to do that.

I tired role reversal,just like role change,it is not working.
    Now through my old secondary serever users have added data and it takes say around 3 hours for me to bring back my original production server.
    Now i have to make my original production server in to action
    what is the easiest way to do that.

THIRUVENGADAM
  5. satya Moderator

Its not working... means what was the error or any information from SQLAgent log and SQL Server error log will help.

The only way of role reversal is the way you reverse the role change earlier.

_________
    Satya SKJ
    SQL-Server-Performance.Com