SQL Server Performance

Running MDX Queries

Discussion in 'Analysis Services/Data Warehousing' started by california6, Oct 31, 2007.

1. california6 New Member

I have a MDX Query and was wondering, how could i run it against a SQL 2000 AS Box? Could someone please assit?
    Thanks,
  2. anandchatterjee New Member

So the Analysis Service is already installed in your PC?
    If yes..then go to

Step 1 : Start > Microsoft SQL Server > Analysis Services > MDX Sample Application
    Step 2 : After opening, it would ask for server name, put your server details. and select the Analysis Server DB name from the list.
    Step 3 : Paste your MDX query in the text pane and click the green arrow.
    PS: If you are trying to access any remote Analysis server from your local PC then you need to be member of OLAP Admin group of that particular server anless you will get error.
    I think, it would be helpful. Please let me know if you have any further doubts.
    Arijit
  3. california6 New Member

Thanks for the answer Anand.
    I tried connecting using the above provided steps. but it say's "Provider cannot be found". I have MSOLAP in the provider list and my server is selected in the server box.
    Any reason, why it's behaving this way?
    Thanks again,
  4. anandchatterjee New Member

Please re-install the ADOMD driver once again. I think it will solve your problem. Please let me know if there is any issue.
  5. satya Moderator

6. california6 New Member

Thank you anand and satya for the reply. I have re-installed the driver and it worked. [:)]