SQL Server Performance

Running .Net 3.5 Assembly

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 CLR' started by kingfung_lam, Oct 25, 2007.

1. kingfung_lam New Member

I have installed visual studio 2008 and .net framework 3.5 in my computer.
    I have then created an assembly in 3.5, but when I try to create assembly in SQL Server 05, it keeps showing me error for
    Assembly 'ConsoleApplication1' references assembly 'system.xml.linq, version=3.5.0.0, culture=neutral, publickeytoken=b77a5c561934e089.', which is not present in the current database. SQL Server attempted to locate and automatically load the referenced assembly from the same location where referring assembly came from, but that operation has failed (reason: 2(The system cannot find the file specified.)). Please load the referenced assembly into the current database and retry your request.
    Now, I have no choice, but to manually include those 3.5 library in the same folder of the assembly. Is there anyway to work around it?

2. satya Moderator

3. kingfung_lam New Member

Thanks Satya,
    I have read about that before. My concept was that if I have athe proper framework installed in that SQL Server machine, then SQL server can automatically use it. I tried to register some libraries in Assembly Cache, but SQL 2k5 can't find it either.
    Is there anyway to work around and let the SQL Server to pick up the library automatically?

Also, anyway to avoid drop and recreate assembly in sql server whenever I update the assembly?
    Thanks

Kenneth
  4. satya Moderator

I have heard (from .NET MVPs) that few bugs with 3.5 lately, so better to work with 3 if you can or wait for an update.