SQL Server Performance

Scenario

Discussion in 'General DBA Questions' started by rohit2900, Mar 25, 2010.

1. rohit2900 Member

Friends I've once scenario to discuss....
    Lest suppose we have one live server in one domain.
    Now I've to make a replica of this server in another domain or some virtual server which not part of this domain.
    I've started with restoring all user databases after that once all the user databases are restored I restored the master database and after that I wasnt able to login to this instance as all the logins which were there in master belong to different instance & domain and even when I had the sa p/w for the original instance it gave me errror as login failed for sa it's not associated with trusted connection.
    So now I had two option either rebuild master and change the authentication in mixed mode and then restored master once again or I need to edit the registry to work ths instance in mixed mode.....
    Now what I was thinking was lets suppose my original instance is running on windows mode and sa is disabled, does this mean I'll not able able to login once this master is restored.
    And built in admins are already disabled on both the instances...
    Any thoughts on this...
    Rohit
  2. FrankKalis Moderator

Have you found a solution to this issue?
  3. satya Moderator

The only way is to rebuild master and recreate the logins with necessary permissions. In this case as the DOMAIN name has changes you have to ensure the correct domain name has been mentioned.