SQL Server Performance

Searching Hosted MSSQL

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 General DBA Questions' started by 1point1, Jul 5, 2011.

1. 1point1 New Member

I haven't found a solution for my current situation. So I hope someone has one for me.

I need the ability to search a hosted MSsql 2005 database. I have a database hosted and ALWAYS connected by ( lets say ) user1. I would like to connect to that database with either the same user or a newly created user if it must be required. Currently we can connect to the database from multiple locations with the same credentials and then that information is synchronized as needed.

We are currently using Teamviewer Manager to manage a hosted database. Teamviewer will search for its own session id or unique customer name but will not search any information entered into the customer information boxes. ( perhaps in a future release was what I was told ) I do not need read/write functionality just a way to search the database fields that contains needed information not searchable in Teamviewer

By searching the database we should be able to search for a portion of customer information and have all information contained under that customer.
    I.E.

Customer name
    ticket system 1
    ticket system 2
    email
    phone number
    address

By searching for email it would cross reference and show all information on that customer
    or by searching ticket system 1 you can also find all information on that customer in the searcha

by hosted ... i mean....

example....

my.database.somewhere.net
    mydatabase_name
    user
    password

I hope I am making sense. If anyone knows of a small program that will make that hosted database searchable I would appreciate a shove in the correct direction.

thanks.
  2. satya Moderator

Welcome to the forums.
    I believe you need an external code to identify such an action which can integrate into team viewer, as it is your preferred tool.
    Also if you have privileges on the other side to run few statements and commands then you can search registry for 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\Instance Names' 'keys along with running
    SQLCMD -L or OSQL -L. Also you can use svrnetcn command line to obtain the lsit of instance.