SQL Server Performance

Select Query returning result set as null

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 General Developer Questions' started by JaDB, Feb 20, 2011.

1. JaDB New Member

Hi,
    I have a select statement in my java application to fetch the rows from the SQL database. But the resultSet after querying is returning as zero.
    Though i'm able to see the records in the database, and can see the same select statement returning 500 rows and displaying in the sql server application, the same is not reflected in the Java application.
    From java application, i got connected to the database and could make insert or count of rows in the SQL db. Only the select statement is not working and returning a zero resultSet.
    Can anyone tell what is problem here.
    Thanks,
  2. JaDB New Member

Hi,
    I tried to work with the query "Select Distinct column_name from View_table", this query returned me with non-zero resultSet [A] . However, the "Select * from View_table" is still giving Zero result set.
    Why is this behaviour of the Select statement?
  3. Adriaan New Member

Are the queries really that simple?
    If you run the same queries from Enterprise Manager, do you get the same (odd) results? If you get the proper results there, then your client application isn't handling stuff the right way.