SQL Server Performance

SendMailTask

Discussion in 'SQL Server DTS-Related Questions' started by semje, Nov 19, 2008.

1. semje Member

I'm running sql server 2000 sp4.
    I have sql mail working and sql server agent mail working.
    When I try to drag a sendmailtask into a DTS local package I get the following error.
    *****************************************************************************************
    Error Source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package
    Error Description: MAPI returned an error.
    *****************************************************************************************
    Is there another place besides SQL MAIL and the SQL Server AGENT that I have to configure?
    Any thoughts would be of great value.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
  2. MohammedU New Member

3. semje Member

I did try it on the server itself. The next thing I tried was building just a small test package consisting of a connection a query and a sendmailtask. When I executed it failed with the following message.
    ******************************************************************************************************************************'
    Logon failed: Unable to get the default MAPI Message Store due to MAPI error 271: One or more of the recipients
    was not found in the address book.
    ******************************************************************************************************************************'
    It looks like the link you gave me touches on this error but I'm not sure how to fix it. I may just create a work around.
    I tried to look up that error 271 but couldn't find any reference to it.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
  4. mohinidba New Member

Hello,i copied DTS packaged from sql 2000 32 bit to sql 2008 64 bit,when i executed the package i got error logon failed mapi call failed and
    Unable to get MAPI profiles.

I need to run DTS packages in SQL 2008 not to upgrade them then how can i set up mail task here in sql 2008 64 bit