SQL Server Performance

set permission for user at particular database

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 General Developer Questions' started by sasivashok, Feb 27, 2009.

1. sasivashok New Member

Hi friends,

I am using asp.net 2.0 application & ms server 2005. Using sp_addlogin,sp_adduser and sp_password I create a login and set username and password for particular database.While i connect my sql server i give login(not default login sa) name example itect and give password ****. I set permission to user for particular database. While i login i didnt access all the db.I can accessed only that what permission i gave for db.Its working fine. What my question is while i login at a particular login name and password i need to show in my ms server 2005 as a particular db only. suppose i give permission user 'Guvera' to db 'dbmap' means can i show only dbmap??? Unfortunately in my ms server i see all db but i cant access. Shall i show only my access db ?? Is it possible??

Please clear my doubts. If any mistake in my doubts, plear tell what is it??

2. arunyadav Member

If you want to use it for SSMS you can do that by clicking on Tools --> Options --> Check Hide System Databases and System Objects. But, this will hide System Databases and System Objects for all the users for 'sa' as well. If you want to show again uncheck the option. For other databases it's not possible. This is the way MSSQL server works.