SQL Server Performance

Share you the mess that my colleague

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side of Being a DBA' started by ramasubbup, May 6, 2009.

1. ramasubbup New Member

Me along with another friend used to maintain the Production servers and databases of leading MNC Bank.
    Since he is System DBA and not SQL Server dba, I gave him the work to execute only SQL queries given by the development team
    The development team gave him a query in a script file like
    Delete from TableA
    Where col1 = 'abc'
    He copy pasted first line and executed it first and copy pasted the second line and executed again [;)] . He complained that the second query is wrong :)
    You know what would have happened...
  2. FrankKalis Moderator

Never trust a developer...Filed under "lessons learned", I guess? [:)]
    Is he still your coworker?
  3. ramasubbup New Member

Nope he is not bcos I changed my job form there [:)]
  4. satya Moderator

I will be more interested to know whether that Sys DBA still got the job on that bank [;)].
  5. ramasubbup New Member

Second incident, As System DBA (he calls so) , while fixing a tape device, he wrongly tried to plug-in the power to the back of the tape. Though it will not fit, it got short circuit and blown up the tape drive with smoke all around in the Data Center
    Third incident, When we shifted all the PCs from one floor to another floor, he was very much particular that he wants the same monitor which he used. To my surprise, I asked him what's special with his monitor,....he replied,' I stored my personal documents on the desktop...' [:mad:] [:)]
    He is not there any more and don't know what he is screwing up now
  6. Madhivanan Moderator

This reminds me the joke I read sometimes back
    Customer : My system not working
    Tech support : Restart it and try
    Customer : Still same problem (After switching off and on the monitor)
  7. Luis Martin Moderator

[:(][:(]
    Who hired this guy?