SQL Server Performance

Sorry for this demanding qns. What are the steps needed to achieve this?

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Integration Services' started by 10e5x, Dec 9, 2012.

1. 10e5x New Member

Hi everyone,
    I am new to this forum and new to SSIS. Just pick that up a few days ago... Honestly this is the second forum i joined for this same qns, got no solutions yet:(

I am introduced to SSIS to do ETL for repporting in SSRS very recently. I am given a task to analyse employees working hours and pattern through the use of data gathered from access point. I have done something similar to do with QlikView(through use of several sql statements and residents table) however SSIS is totally a stranger to me. I do not uds how i can achieve what this using SSIS. Cant even get the logic and work flow. I need some serious help here. The first table is somewhat my source table data:

EVENT.PNG

This is what i want to achieve, my target table:

EVEMT_TARGET.PNG

Assumptions:
    If there are multiple access for one exit, take the earliest access date and time. If there are multiple exit for an access, take the latest exit date time. Not able to take earliest access or latest exit base on the date itself as some legit access maybe during late evenings and some exits may be early in the morning. Secondly, for those accesses with no exit or exit with any access, do not include it in first.

I know many will feel i am asking alot over here, i do agree but i really need serious help. I need to know some of the steps to achieve this. Even guidelines will do. For those who know how, and willing to help please give some advice.

Greatly appreciate any help given.
    Thanks,
    10e5x