SQL Server Performance

sp_helpdb

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 General Developer Questions' started by pcsql, Mar 14, 2006.

1. pcsql New Member

Does anyone have noticed any changes in the result returned by sp_helpdb in SQL Server 2005? It seems that the value of the column filename returned by sp_helpdb something (may be chr(0)) between each character.
  2. Luis Martin Moderator

Sp_helpdb in 2000 as no problem and return no filename column.
    I'll try in 2005.

Luis Martin
    SQL-Server-Performance.com

Although nature commences with reason and ends in experience it is necessary for us to do the opposite, that is to commence with experience and from this to proceed to investigate the reason.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Nunca esperes el reconocimiento de tus hijos, eso ocurrirá luego de tu muerte

All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

3. pcsql New Member

Hi Luis,

I should be more specific. sp_helpdb master

4. Luis Martin Moderator

Ok. In 2000 that is what filename returns:

d:mssql2kMSSQLdatamaster.mdf

and that is what filename in 2005 returns:

D:program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSSQL.1MSSQLDATAmaster.mdf

Luis Martin

Although nature commences with reason and ends in experience it is necessary for us to do the opposite, that is to commence with experience and from this to proceed to investigate the reason.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

5. pcsql New Member

Hi Luis,

I guess you're getting the result directly in SQL Server tools. I'm getting the result thru ODBC DSN in Visual FoxPro.

6. Luis Martin Moderator

Hi Pcsql,

In that case wait for experts.

Luis Martin

Leonardo Da Vinci