SQL Server Performance

SQL 2005 Cluster Setup question.

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Clustering' started by exBK, Dec 1, 2005.

1. exBK New Member

I would like to setup SQL 2005 clustering. I am not sure what all I need to have ...
    I have a Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with multiple VM's on it. It meets the hardware requirements. When I read the Clustering related MS document, it said to install MSCS (Microsoft Cluster Server) -- where can I locate MSCS? Is it part of Windows 2003 server? Also, do I need to install anything else? Thanks in advance for your time.
  2. bradmcgehee New Member

A couple of questions. First, what kind of virtual machines are you running? Second, what is the goal you hope to attain by using clustering?

-----------------------------
    Brad M. McGehee, MVP
    Webmaster
    SQL-Server-Performance.Com
  3. exBK New Member

My goal is to setup a development environment with SQL 2005 Cluster. Also would like to explore the Cluster features and how they are setup.

The Window 2003 Enterprise server that I am using also has MS Virtual Server 2005 installed on it. Using which I have created a couple of Virtual Machines.
  4. mulhall New Member

Windows Server 2003 Clustering Services is a component of Windows Server 2003 Datacenter and Enterprise Editions.

Clustering is installed by default. You only need to configure a Cluster by launching Cluster Administrator.